After a whirlwind summer of Jackson events, anniversaries, and special guests, Jamon and Q catch up on lots of news and developments in the world of Michael Jackson! On this episode, the guys welcome first-time guests Courtney and Kam, who co-host the Janet Jackson podcast, Janet Today, Janet Tomorrow, Janet Forever. The podcasting foursome chat about the story behind the new podcast, as well as updates in the world of Janet, including the buzz around her fantastic new single, ‘Made For Now’.
On the Jackson news front, the team discusses the recent media explosion around the Cascio Case, and the upcoming, limited-series podcast by Damien Shields, titled Faking Michael, which will document the history of the fraudulent tracks. They also chat about new books by Anthony King, Richard Lecocq & Francois Allard, and Vincent Paterson; the upcoming Quincy Jones documentary showing on Netflix; and the one-week run of “Thriller 3D” in IMAX theaters. Plus, they recap events at the Diamond Celebration in Las Vegas, and get updates from The MJCast correspondents.
- Official Michael Jackson merchandise was been released by Culture Kings in Australia. Oh, and Cotton On.
- Anthony King has released his first book on Michael Jackson, called Michael Jackson & Classical Music.
- Richard Lecocq & Francois Allard’s book Michael Jackson – All the Songs: The Story Behind Every Track is due for release on October 23rd
- Netflix lands a Quincy Jones documentary for September 21 release.
- Vincent Paterson’s autobiography, Icônes et Instincts is now available in French. The English version is coming soon!
- Jacksonville students to benefit from 1984 donation from Michael Jackson for scholarships.
- The article, ’60 Years of Michael Jackson, The Fashion Icon’, appears in Britain’s VOGUE magazine.
- Damien Shields launches his Faking Michael podcast
- Frank Cascio’s book to be turned into mini-series
- Cascio Case media explosion and updates
- ‘Thriller 3D’ to play in IMAX theatres for a one-week run
- Diamond Celebration discussion’
- Janet’s throwback video to MJ’s Remember the Time
Main Discussion Topic
- Janet! Janet Jackson releases a new single and two new music videos for ‘Made For Now (feat. Daddy Yankee)’
- Janet’s recent performance on Jimmy Fallon
Finds of the Week
- Jamon – Mark Ryden shares a YouTube video in which he discusses making a frame for his original Dangerous album art piece. His original design sketches of the frame are also available here.
- Q – A video that listener (and legendary Aussie MJ tribute artist) Paul Rizzo posted, comparing the original release and the Number Ones DVD release of the film clips for Blood On The Dance Floor, and the differences between them!
- iTunes and Twitter for the Janet Today, Janet Tomorrow, Janet Forever podcast.
- Janet discusses motherhood and learning to love her body on Eonline!e!
- CBS Executive Les Moonves was obsessed with ruining Janet Jackson’s career article from Huffington Post.
Ad & Music Breaks
- The Jackson’s – State of Shock (Remixed by Nick* Redux)
- Nathan Jay – Take Me Away (feat. Michael Jackson)
- Janet Jackson – If (Haus of Glitch 2018 Mix)
- Janet Jackson – Made For Now (feat. Daddy Yankee) [Trace Adam Remix]
- Janneke van der Linden of Jackson Source (Jackson family Correspondent)
- Charles Thomson (Legal Correspondent)
- Steven Hodges of MJFFC (Charity Correspondent)
- Serena Butler gives a special report on the Diamond Celebration events and Q&A with John Branca.
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on this Michael Jackson podcast episode, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Keep Michaeling!