Subscribe: Apple Podcasts
As Q’s off gallivanting around Europe with The Hubs, Jamon takes the reigns for his first ever solo Q&A episode. With a record-breaking 47 questions to get through, topics range from the state of the Estate, to unreleased Michael Jackson material, to Quincy Jones recent defamatory comments on Michael Jackson. Thank-you to all those listeners who submitted questions. It won’t be long until The MJCast kicks off Season Four, but until then, we hope this episode tides you over!
Lachlan Bradbury (email)
1) What inspired you to pursue a career in education as a history teacher?
2) What were your impressions and/or memories of Moonwalker when you first saw it?
3) What do you think is the best part about being a Michael Jackson fan?
4) How optimistic are you about the future of Michael Jackson product releases? That is to say, on the recent developments on Thriller 3D, the prospect of Ghosts and other Jackson films receiving restorations and high-definition releases etc.
5) How did you ‘break into’ the Michael Jackson fan community, and what advice would you give new fans who wish to engage with local fan communities?
Louis La Roche (email)
6) If Michael was still alive today, what would he make of the scandals surrounding two of his former ‘friends’ Donald Trump and R Kelly?
Carley Swan (email)
7) If The MJCast had started while MJ was still here, which year would you have started it and why?
8) How long does it take you to edit a show?
9) What are you most proud of about The MJCast?
Michael Wilson (email)
10) Any chance you guys will get Rodney Jerkins on the show? Invincible is the only album we barely know anything about. Would love his insight into those sessions.
Ashley White (email)
11) What is your favourite MJ interview(s)?
12) What is your favourite 3T song(s)?
Chris Lacy (email)
13) Name an artist/band/producer you wish Michael Jackson collaborated with in his lifetime. What would that song or album sound and feel like?
14) If the Estate were to construct a proper 30th anniversary tribute to Michael Jackson’s Dangerous album, what features should they include?
15) What, if anything, can the fans do to build a healthier relationship with the Estate to ensure we collectively present Michael’s artistry in the best way possible?
Rachael Tyler (email)
16) Justin Timberlake has been announced as the performer for the halftime show of Super Bowl LII. How do you think this will play out? Do you think Janet will be a surprise guest? If she is, what will that be like? I’m torn because I want her to return triumphant in front of the Super Bowl audience (AKA most of America), but honestly, that’s what the State of the World Tour was; her triumphant return. Performing with JT at the Super Bowl again, in my opinion, may just cement that 2004 event as the entirety of her legacy, especially for a new generation of young people. I would respect it if her decision is to not give JT or the NFL her time/attention. Maybe his set will just begin with a public apology from him to Janet. What are your opinions/predictions on this matter?
Magiel Jenen (email)
17) I have read that Michael was in the process of composing a classical piece of music at the final stage of his life. I understand he even had discussions with a composer on how t o improve, or compose the piece. Is anything known about this work? Like, how did he compose this, considering Michael did not write musical notes. Was anything ever recorded? Were other people involved? I’m really curious about this side of MJ we don’t know much about. I hope you have, or can find, a bit more info on this.
Madison Mariah Jones
18) Have you tried or are you planning on getting Teddy Riley as a guest? I’d really love to hear about he making of the Dangerous album. Thank-you in advance.
Felipe Hilario (Facebook)
19) I wanna know if you have any idea who owns the rights to the Triumph and Victory Tour footage and if there’s a chance that it’s actually released one day. The restoration they did of the Triumph Tour footage for the Journey from Motown to Off The Wall documentary looks stunning!
Adrien Prosen (Facebook)
20) With Michael’s 10th death anniversary approaching in the next 18 months, how, if at all, do you think the Estate should commemorate it? E.g. A re-release/repackage of currently released material? Unreleased stuff?
Sylvie Lefevre (Facebook)
21) When people ask you “what’s your favourite MJ song and why?”, can you actually answer that question?
22) If you had had the unbelievable opportunity to interview MJ and ask him just one question what would you have asked him?
J.D. (@MixingHistory on Twitter)
23) What do you think is Michael’s biggest missed opportunity?
Sharon Kistner (@Seylahvee on Twitter)
24) Do you think that in 20 or more years the world will look at Michael the way we fans do now as the genius that he was?
Liam (@wceliam on Twitter)
25) If you could, would you rather watch Michael sing Billie Jean with live vocals, with no dancing at all, or Billie Jean lip synced with his peak dancing?
26) Favourite and least favourite song off each solo album by Michael?
27) You’re walking down a street in LA and bump into John Branca. What do you say?
Bruce Aguilar (@yensid98 on Twitter)
28) Do you have a favourite piece of MJ memorabilia? Either something you own or not.
Travois! (@Travois_yt on Twitter)
29) How did you first hear about MJ, if you can remember.
Austin Ernst (@CreativeArtAPE on Twitter)
30) Predictions on the Estate moving forward? Will we see unreleased music like Get Your Weight Off Me & unreleased concerts finally released? This year? If not, when?
June Astford (@Jastford on Twitter)
31) Would like your opinion on Stranger in Moscow and Whatever Happens; two of my favourites that never seem to get much attention. I feel they’re constructed so beautifully.
Michael Clarke (@LoveSoul81 on Twitter)
32) Which producer would you like to have seen MJ work with and why?
Merita Simmons (@meritaapplehead on Instagram)
33) If Michael was still here, do you think Michael would use social media like Prince & Madonna or just let a team run official accounts? If so, which do you think would be his favourite social media platform?
Alexa (@sweetalexalove on Instagram)
35) If you had the chance to stay at Neverland for 24 hours, what would you do?
36) If Michael was alive, what would you say to him?
Slave to the Rhythm (@mjjhsavha on Instagram)
37) How do you think Michael would react to how fandom has adapted to recent developments in terms of establishing many layers of fan support through social media and different platforms? Do you think he would feel transparent through access that fans have to many aspects of his life or would he embrace the overwhelming support and dedication?
Hasa (@hasa81 on Instagram)
38) As Michael wanted to act more, what role do you think would have suited him?
39) What’s your earliest memory on MJ when he blew you away with his magic?
40) Other than singing live more, what would you have liked to see MJ do more in concert?
41) What singles would you replace with a non released album track/b-side?
Nathan. (@yougotnathan on Instagram)
42) What are songs released by other artists that you wish were MJ’s? For example, a lot of the Pharrell tracks that went to Justin Timberlake and Usher, etc. Also, do you think Invincible would have been more well received if MJ had taken those songs?
43) Will The MJCast ever do an Invincible album/era roundtable? Or although a stretch maybe reach our to Rodney, Dr. Freeze and others how worked on it? Loved the Michael Prince episode for that reason.
nat (@emxncipation on Instagram)
44) Your thoughts on Prince and Michael’s relationship?
Sammy (@sami.n.b.y on Instagram)
45) What happened with the rumours of an interview with Mr. Cupeta?
Joe Keegans (@joekeegans on Instagram)
46) If you were commissioned Chairman of the MJ Estate what would be the first thing/things you would change?
Jason Garcia of MJRadio
47) Hey Jamon, I think you should do at least a stream of Q’s declarations. It’s a hot topic now.
• The MJCast – Episode 063: Q Q&A
• The MJCast – Episode 069: C Q&A
• The MJCast – Episode 072: Season Three Christmas Special
• Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker
• Donald Trump and Michael Jackson: The full story behind a mysterious friendship
• Damien Shields’ Xscape Origins book
• Michael Jackson’s 2005 interview with Geraldo Rivera
• Michael Jackson’s 2007 interview with Ebony Magazine
• 3T – Anything
• 3T – I Appreciate
• 3T – Heaven
• The Soulquarians Wikipedia page
• Michael Jackson – Butterflies
• A Truth Untold’s Twitter page
• Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker – Sega Genesis (Angry Video Game Nerd Episode 63)
• Michael Jackson – Stranger in Moscow
• Michael Jackson – Whatever Happens
• Michael Jackson in Men in Black 2
• The Way You Make Me Feel live at Madison Square Garden in 2001
• John Cameron’s #JCsMusicology – Michael Jackson (1988 – 1993)
• John Cameron’s Janet, Jam and Lewis: Deconstructing 30 Years of Music [Broadcast Version]
• The MJCast – Episode 041: Michael Jackson & Prince Roundtable (Part 1)
• The MJCast – Episode 042: Michael Jackson & Prince Roundtable (Part 2)
• Michael Jackson’s Dream Lives On podcast
• MJRadio podcast
• Donna Summer – State of Independence
• Heal The World’s melody in the Jaws credits
Music Breaks & Ads
• Michael Jackson – Lover Never Felt So Good (Master Chic Remix)
• 3T – Anything (Acoustic Mix)
• Janet Jackson – LUV (Nick* Remix)
Connect with Us
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on the show, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Keep Michaeling!