Subscribe: Apple Podcasts
Welcome to part two of our Michael Jackson & Prince roundtable discussion, a new format for The MJCast which a panel of expert participants discuss a particular topic in depth. For this second and concluding episode, returning guest Paul Black continues moderating our discussion around the two legendary entertainers, Prince and Michael Jackson. Participants again include Samar of The Michael Jackson Academia Project, Casey Rain and Kim Camilia of The Violet Reality, Charles Thomson, Jamon Bull of The MJCast and of course, Paul Black. Beginning with an exploration into the participants personal experiences with Michael Jackson and Prince, Paul then leads us in a comparative discussion around the unfortunate deaths of both artists, their commitment to challenging expectations in a corrupt entertainment industry and finally their impacts on culture, style and fashion.
- Paul Black (Moderator)
- Samar of The Michael Jackson Academia Project
- Casey Rain of The Violet Reality
- Charles Thomson
- Kim Camilia of The Violet Reality
- Jamon Bull of The MJCast
- Our personal experiences with Michael Jackson and Prince
- The deaths of Prince and Michael Jackson
- Artistic independence (challenging the industry)
- Cultural impact
- Michael and Prince as style/fashion icons
The Violet Reality on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Music Breaks & Ads
- Michael Jackson – Human Nature (Nick* Retro Remix)
- Prince – Thieves in the Temple (Remix Version)
- Michael Jackson – Do You Know Where Your Children Are? (2010 Version)
Connect with Us
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on the show, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Keep Michaeling!