Choreographer Vincent Patterson was at Michael Jackson’s side for many of the key moments which helped cement his status as an entertainment legend, first working with Michael as an assistant choreographer and lead dancer on the pioneering Beat It and Thriller music video shoots. When it came time to devise the videos for Michael’s next album, Bad, Vincent was brought back into the fold, working on the short films for The Way You Make Me Feel, Speed Demon, Dirty Diana and Smooth Criminal.
But it wasn’t just short films he collaborated on with Michael. He also helped shape some of the most historic live performances of Michael’s career, from directing the Bad World Tour to helping to choreograph Michael’s 1988 Grammy Awards performance.
Vincent’s association with Michael continued throughout the 1990s. He choreographed for the Black or White music video and Michael’s MTV 10th anniversary performance, helped devise Michael’s groundbreaking Superbowl half-time show and directed the Blood on the Dance Floor music video.
Today he joins Jamon and Q to discuss Michael Jackson as both an artist and a man, explaining their collaborative working process and telling the stories behind some of pop culture’s most historic moments. He also discusses his involvement in the documentary, The Man Behind the Throne, which is the focus of his work with Michael Jackson, Madonna and other celebrities.
- Vincent Patterson’s website, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Madonna’s Blonde Ambition World Tour
- Strike a Pose documentary trailer
- Mikail Baryshnikov in Giselle
- Alvin Ailey – Cry
- Evita film trailer
- Michael Jackson – Beat It
- Making of Michael Jackson’s Beat It
- Michael Jackson – Thriller
- Making of Michael Jackson’s Thriller
- Michael Jackson – Black or White
- Making of Michael Jackson’s Black or White
- Michael Jackson – Smooth Criminal
- Making of Michael Jackson’s Smooth Criminal
- Girl Hunt Ballet from Fred Astaire’s Bandwagon
- The Man Behind the Throne documentary website
- The MJCast – Episode 011: June 25th Special with Darren Hayes
Music Breaks & Ads
- Michael Jackson – For All Time (Eric Hudson Remix)
- Cyrano, Esq – Peace For Your Soul (Michael Jackson Tribute)
- LaToya Jackson – Home
- Michael Jackson Orchestral Medley – London Symphony Orchestra
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on the show, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Keep Michaeling!