On this premiere episode of The MJCast’s second season, we kick off 2016 with plenty of news and discussion on Michael Jackson and the Jackson family. Jamon and Q are joined by The MJCast’s regular guest and legal expert Charles Thomson and newcomer to the show Andy Healy, author of the incredible MJ 101 series. Andy is a long time MJ fan, having written a number of eBooks on Michael’s audio and visual art. These are must haves for any fan, budding or of vintage…and did we mention that they’re free?! In this episode, Andy tells us about his latest Off The Wall eBook, which then leads us in into a discussion on the latest Michael Jackson release, an Off The Wall reissue which is bundled with the new Spike Lee documentary film, Michael Jackson’s Journey from Motown to Off The Wall. In other news, artist Miguel is set to perform on this years Grammy Awards as a tribute to Michael, and to promote the upcoming Off The Wall reissue. In Jacksons news, the brothers wow crowds across Switzerland in the spectacular Art On Ice touring show. The MJCast also delves into the controversy around English actor Joseph Fiennes being cast to play Michael in a fictitious comedy film set around Michael, Elizabeth Taylor, and Marlon Brando fleeing New York City after the 9/11 tragedy. Next, the boys offer their opinions on the Super Bowl 50 half-time show and Beyonce’s subtle Michael Jackson tribute.
The second half of Episode 024 begins with Charles Thomson giving an expert breakdown on the Serova V Cascio/Porte/Estate/Sony case. Make sure to access this link to read the latest documents in the case exclusively at The MJCast. And will someone call a plumber?! The leaks just won’t stop! The MJCast breaks down the recent Dangerous Tour concert and rehearsal video leaks courtesy of MJ Beats. A new book from the creators of The Dream Lives On podcast and The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies, takes a sophisticated, academic approach to understanding Jackson’s art and life, providing insights into his entire body of work from a perspective never before available outside of music/culture journals. Lastly, we delve into our main discussion topic, our thoughts on the new Spike Lee Off the Wall documentary. We look forward to hearing your thoughts also! And in Season Two, our popular Finds of the Week segment returns! Thanks so much for listening to the internet’s premiere podcast on all things Michael Jackson and the Jackson family. We hope you enjoy our first episode of Season Two!
- Michael Jackson’s 1979 album Off The Wall is to be re-issued as a CD/Blu-ray set on February 26th.
- The new MJ 101 eBook on Off The Wall is now available for download. Grab it for free!
- Miguel is set to perform a tribute to Michael Jackson at this year’s Grammy Awards.
- The Jacksons perform at Art On Ice in Switzerland.
- Joseph Fiennes is set to play Michael Jackson in an upcoming film on Michael Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor, Marlon Brando in the aftermath of 9/11.
- Beyonce honours Michael Jackson during the Super Bowl 50 half-time show.
- New documents have come out in the Serova V Cascio/Porte/Estate/Sony case, exclusively through The MJCast.
- More Dangerous World Tour rehearsal footage has leaked thanks to MJ Beats (orange and green shirt rehearsals).
- The Dangerous World Tour live in Oslo is leaking thanks to MJ Beats.
- A new book by Elizabeth Amisu titled The Dangerous Philosophies of Michael Jackson is available for pre-order and is coming out on August 28th.
- Our thoughts on Spike Lee‘s new documentary, Michael Jackson’s Journey from Motown to Off The Wall.
Finds of the Week
- Q – Open Google images…and search for “the most beautiful smile in the world”. Go on…try it.
- Jamon – MTV 95 VMA rehearsals snippet.
- Charles – The films Mister Lonely and The Life of an Icon
- Andy – Michael Jackson: The Last Photoshoots documentary outtake footage
- Remixed By Nick*‘s website and Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and tumblr. pages.
- An original Off The Wall TV ad
- Off The Wall (Nick* Disco Redux)
- Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough (Nick* Disco Remix)
- Beat It, K-Pop style.
- Original Rock With You and Get On The Floor mixes. Can you spot the differences?
- Beyonce’s 2009 Michael Jackson tribute, I Can’t Help It.
- The Hello World – The Motown Solo Collection and Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls box sets from Hip-O Select.
- The Dream Lives On podcast by The Journal of Michael Jackson Academic Studies
- Event Cinemas pre-order for the 2016 Off The Wall re-issue, including tickets to special Australian fan screenings of Spike Lee’s new documentary on February 25th.
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on the show, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Keep Michaeling!