Q flies solo today, welcoming returning guest Brice Najar back on the show, along with his wonderful wife, Laetitia Latouche. Brice is well-known in the Michael Jackson community for his books on The Jacksons and the King of Pop, but this discussion is focused on his most recent book, Let’s Make HIStory. Najar’s book goes into detail about the recording of Michael’s brilliant HIStory album. Based around interviews with key collaborators, the book is a comprehensive and fascinating look into the creation of a masterpiece.
Q, Brice, and Laetitia discuss what makes Let’s Make HIStory an important contribution to Michael Jackson literature, why the HIStory era is of particular significance, what it was like to interview collaborators, the process of getting this book published, and surprises that Brice discovered along the way. Brice and Laetitia also talk about MJ Music Day in France, and how that event came together.
- Brice Najar’s website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages.
- Brice Najar’s books: Let’s Make HIStory, Michael Jackson: itinéraire d’un passionné and The Jacksons: Musicographie 1976 – 1989.
- Michael Jackson’s 1995 Wetten Dass performance
- Michael Jackson’s 1996 Brit Awards performance
- Brice Najar’s interview with photographer Steven Paul Whitsitt
- Brice’s favorite MJ books: Moonwalk, Mike Smallcombe’s Making Michael, Isabelle Petitjean’s Dangerous – from Mark Ryden to Michael Jackson and Xscape Origins by Damien Shields.
- MJ Music Day and Association On The Line’s website
Music Breaks & Ads
- Michael Jackson – Scream (feat. Janet Jackson) [Dave ‘Jam’ Hall Extended Urban Remix]
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on the show, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Keep Michaeling!