Jamon and Q are back with their first regular news and discussion episode of Season 5! The guys have lots of updates to catch up on after their between-season break, though, admittedly, much of that news has been cast in a dark shadow with the release of the deceptive film, Leaving Neverland. Still, the fellas carry on, and dive into the good and the bad of these troubling times we are in. They chat about developments around the upcoming Michael Jackson musical, Macaulay Culkin’s defence of MJ, a recently restored Michael Jackson and George Harrison radio interview, and the fantastic MJ-inspired music video for “Let’s Shut Up & Dance” by Jason Derulo, LAY, and NCT 127. They also discuss Naomi Campbell’s story behind the “In The Closet” video, the English-language publication of the first book in the “Jackson Collector Series”, called The Backstage Pass Collection, plus much more.
For their main discussion topic, the MJCast hosts are joined by Friend of the Show and The MJCast Legal Correspondent Charles Thomson, as well as first-time guest Anika Kotecha, of the MJ Innocent campaign. As many listeners have eagerly awaited, they have a serious discussion about the aftermath of Leaving Neverland: the world’s reaction, the Estate’s response, incredible efforts from fans, Taj Jackson’s amazing campaign for his counter documentary and his appearance on radio and TV shows, and where we stand now, as a community.
This episode also includes updates from The MJCast correspondents, Finds of the Week, and a selection of great music breaks. The MJCast looks forward to a great Season 5 to come!
- First regular episode of Season 5. Not the vibe we wanted to start to the season with but…
Main Discussion Topic
- Leaving Neverland and
- The movie.
- The bans.
- The Estate.
- The family/GoFundMe.
- The fans/campaigns.
- The media.
- The future.
- Michael Jackson musical ‘Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough’ to premiere in Chicago before hitting Broadway, or not. Chicago run has been cancelled.
- Louis Vuitton’s Virgil Abloh celebrates Michael Jackson during Paris Fashion Week in New York City, and then cancels production of the pieces that specifically reference Michael.
- Someone (probably Frank Cascio) is trying to auction rare footage of Michael Jackson, including him experimenting with his circular moonwalk.
- Quincy Jones to conduct a live symphonic orchestra playing Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad at the O2 in London in June.
- A rare Michael Jackson and George Harrison radio interview has been restored.
- Tobias Ellehammer releases a dance video which re-interprets Michael Jackson’s Scream choreography.
- Jason Derulo, LAY, NCT 127 – Let’s Shut Up and Dance fire hot music video tributes MJ in choreography and style.
- Naomi Campbell tells the story behind her collaboration with Michael Jackson on the ‘In The Closet’ video.
- Macaulay Culkin defends his friendship with Michael Jackson on the Inside of You podcast.
- The first book of the Jackson Collector Series in English has been released, called The Backstage Pass Collection, from Christophe Charlot of MJ Backstage and Traveling With a King, the travel guide for MJ fans.
- BE@RBRICK releases official Michael Jackson collectibles.
Finds of the Week
- Jamon – Weezer covers Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean.
- Q – @FactualMJ, @MJFactuel, @MJJForumUSA www.mjjforum.com
Ad & Music Breaks
- Michael Jackson – Tabloid Junkie (Michael Jackson vs. Will Smith Mix)
- Michael Trapson – F*ck Wade
- Janet Jackson – Son of a Gun (P. Diddy Explicit Radio Remix)
- Michael Jackson – Why You Wanna Trip On Me (DJ MGR Trip On Mix)
- Janneke van der Linden of Jackson Source (Jackson family Correspondent)
- Courtney and Cam of Janet Today, Janet Tomorrow, Janet Forever podcast (Janet Jackson Correspondent)
- Steven Hodges of MJFFC (Charity Correspondent)
Connect with Us
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on this Michael Jackson podcast episode, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Michael On!