Subscribe: Apple Podcasts
Q and Jamon are excited to welcome to the show renowned photographer and artist Dick Zimmerman, best known in the Michael Jackson fan community for his iconic portrait of Michael used for the Thriller album cover, which is said to be the most distributed portrait in history.
Zimmerman, known as ‘The Image Maker’, has, in over 45 years as an artist, captured the images of a wide range of celebrated entertainers, dignitaries and politicians, including everyone from Jane Fonda, Tom Cruise, John Travolta, Mick Jagger, Robin Williams and of course, La Toya, Janet and Michael Jackson.
Originally from New York, Zimmerman studied painting at the School of Visual Arts, the Parsons School of Design, New York University, the Brooklyn Museum, and throughout Europe, including the Musee D’orsay. His work has been featured in Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, CNN, NBC’s ‘The Today Show’, ABC’s ‘Access Hollywood’, ‘Dr. Drew’ and more.
The guys chat with Zimmerman about his background as an artist, the concept development behind the Thriller cover, working with Michael, and his new DVD package, ‘Memories of Michael, the Thriller Cover Session Interview’.
• Dick Zimmerman’s website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Dick’s blog post about meeting Salvador Dali and his wife Gala
• Dick Zimmerman’s interview with Dr. Drew
• Dick’s Fan Club Art Gallery website, which includes giclee prints available for sale.
• Information on his DVD, ‘Memories of Michael: The Thriller Cover Session Interview’, which includes a limited-edition art booklet.
• ’35th Anniversary of the Thriller Photo Session’ interview.
Ad & Music Breaks
• Michael Jackson – P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) [SWG Original Mix]
• Michael Jackson – Beat It (SWG Extended Mix)
• Michael Jackson – Thriller (Louis La Roche Mix)
Connect with Us
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on this Michael Jackson podcast episode, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Michael on!