Q and Elise are running the show today, with Jamon taking a much-needed break after featuring on twelve back-to-back episodes in a row. It’s been such a busy first half of the year that this is Elise’s first show appearance on Season 5! She’s thrilled to be back for lots of news updates and discussion with Q.
In this regular episode, the team covers Joe Vogel’s new edition of Man In the Music, Jafaar Jackson’s debut single and music video, Paris Jackson’s latest TV role, John Branca’s version of the highs and lows as co-executor of the Michael Jackson Estate for the past decade, and updates on the lawsuit being filed by French MJ fans against Robson and Safechuck. Elise will also talk about some of the recent #MJWeek events she was able to attend in California. And, as their main discussion topic, Q and Elise chat about two amazing new documentary films, which they encourage all fans to watch and share: LaVelle Smith Jr.’s “The Man Behind the Dance”, as well as Paul Dwyer’s “Humanitarian – The Real Michael Jackson”.
This episode also includes updates from The MJCast correspondents Steven (MJFFC), Janneke (Jackson Source), and Courtney & Kam (Janet Today, Janet Tomorrow, Janet Forever).
- Joe Vogel confirms the release of a new version of Man in the Music in August.
- John Branca participates in an interview with ABC on the last ten years as the Michael Jackson Estate’s co-executor.
- Weird Al Yankovic drops Michael Jackson parodies from his show set lists.
- Jafaar Jackson releases his debut single and video, “Got Me Singing”.
- Paris Jackson steals the show in a new “Scream” reboot.
- French fans are suing Wade Robson and James Safechuck.
- Gallery Different in London to host “Michael: HIS_story” exhibition in August.
Main Discussion Topic
- LaVelle Smith Jr.’s The Man Behind the Dance documentary review.
- Australian fan Paul Dwyer’s Humanitarian – The Real Michael Jackson documentary review.
Finds of the Week
- Q – Recent fan catch-up in Perth, and upcoming MJ birthday lunch on Saturday, August 31, at noon, at Dome Cafe Belmont.
- Elise – Her #MJFieldTrip to see an MJ mural in San Diego, California (made out of Post-It notes!) based on the Jeff Koons sculpture of Michael Jackson and Bubbles.
- More dates coming up for In The Studio with MJ.
- The MJCast – Episode 015: Brad Sundberg Special
- The MJCast – Episode 052: Michael Prince Special
- The MJCast – Episode 064: Vincent Paterson Special
- The MJCast – Episode 100: Brad Buxer Special
Ad & Music Breaks
- The Jacksons – Walk Right Now (Nick* Redux)
- Michael Jackson – It’s the Falling In Love (The Reflex Revision)
- Michael Jackson (feat. Akon vs. Halsey) – Hold My Colors [Deelirious Mashup]
- Steven Hodges of MJFFC (Charity Correspondent)
- Janneke van der Linden of Jackson Source (Jackson family Correspondent)
- Courtney and Cam of Janet Today, Janet Tomorrow, Janet Forever podcast (Janet Jackson Correspondent)
Connect with Us
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on this Michael Jackson podcast episode, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Stay BAD!