To celebrate The MJCast’s 100th episode, Jamon and Q put the focus back on music and welcome a particularly special guest, Brad Buxer. Buxer was one of Michael Jackson’s key artistic collaborators, who worked with Jackson for 20 years, from the Dangerous album onwards, and who would become one of his closest producers, musicians, and songwriters. Along with Michael Prince, there was no one else who Michael Jackson trusted more to capture his most personal creative visions.
The guys dive into an incredible, in-depth discussion with Buxer about his early life and music career working with icons such as Stevie Wonder, how he first came to work with Jackson, what it was like creating the Dangerous, HIStory, Blood on the Dance Floor, and Invincible albums, his role as Musical Director for both the Dangerous and HIStory World Tours, the experience of playing music and writing songs with Jackson, insights into Jackson’s life as a father, details about working together in the final years of Jackson’s life, his thoughts on unreleased tracks, and much more.
In addition, The MJCast is honored to have received many congratulations from previous guests on the show, whose audio snippets are included in this episode.
It’s been an amazing run so far, and incredible to watch the show evolve and grow. The MJCast team couldn’t be prouder to be well into Season 5. Jamon, Q, and Elise want to thank each and every listener, supporter, guest, and friend who has been part of this experience. We look forward to our next 100 episodes!
- “Brad, what are you gonna do?” clip.
- Michael Jackson beatboxing clip collection.
- Michael Jackson HIStory World Tour Munich 1997 concert footage.
- Michael Jackson and Friends charity concert, Germany.
- “A Night at the Apollo” Democratic National Convention performance.
- “Blood on the Dance Floor” official video.
- Michael Jackson interview with Geraldo Rivera.
- “In the Back”, from The Ultimate Collection.
- Michael Jackson – Heal the World (7″ Edit)
- Michael Jackson – Dangerous (Live From A Night at the Apollo, 2002)
- Michael Jackson – Days In Gloucestershire (Demo)
Connect with Us
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on this Michael Jackson podcast episode, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Keep Michaeling!