It’s the time of year for cookies and carols and ornaments on the tree…and The MJCast’s annual Christmas Special!
Jamon, Q, and Elise wrap up Season Four with discussion of developments in the world of Michael Jackson, including John Cameron’s terrific Musicology podcast, the “On the Wall” exhibition moving to Paris, Janet Jackson’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction, Jonathan “Sugarfoot” Moffett’s health scare, and the inspiring results of a music scholarship which Michael Jackson established in 1984. The MJCast Correspondents also chime in, with news on the Cascio Case, MCFFC charity efforts, and the Jackson family.
It’s been a whirlwind year, full of great discussion, lots of Jackson news, and illuminating conversations with amazing guests. The team reflects on the past year, highlights favorite clips from this season’s Special episodes, and also looks to the year to come, as The MJCast continues to grow.
We want to thank our listeners for all your support throughout the year and hope that you enjoy our episodes coming up in Season 5! Happy holidays, #MJFam!
- #MoonwalkWalks #Book4 is out in the QLD wild!
- John Cameron has dropped his latest episode of #JCsMusicology, focusing on Michael Jackson’s HIStory era
- “Michael Jackson: On the Wall” exhibition has moved to the Grand Palais in Paris
- Janet Jackson is to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- Jonathan “Sugarfoot” Moffett suffered an emergency triple bypass operation and has started a GoFundMe page to help with his medical costs
- The Cascio Case is headed to the Supreme Court of California
- The artistic director of Louis Vuitton, Virgil Abloh, is designing a new collection based on Michael Jackson
- Groovefunkel has released a new remix of Michael Jackson’s Thriller
- The 1984 music scholarship fund that Michael donated has awarded scholarships to four students! (Thank you to listener Kayla Salem, of Jacksonville, Florida, for this tip.)
Season Four Highlights
- Episode 076 – MJ101 Special: Thriller 35
- Episode 077 – Let’s Make HIStory Special with Brice Najar
- Episode 079 – Bryan Loren Special
- Episode 081 – Vindication Day Special with Aphrodite Jones
- Episode 082 – June 25th Special with Damien Shields and TJ
- Episode 083 – Reflections on Joseph Jackson Roundtable
- Episode 084 – Judith Hill Special
- Episode 086 – Dick Zimmerman Special
- Episode 089 – John Barnes Special
- Episode 090 – Thriller 3D Roundtable
- Episode 092 – Humanitarian: The Real Michael Jackson Special
Main Discussion Topic
- A year in review.
- What’s to come in Season 5!
Finds of the Week
- Q – Adam Lambert vs Michael Jackson – Cuckoo For Your Entertainment (DJ DigiMark’s Off the Wall MixMash), thank you to our Live Tweeting Queen Carley, @MJisMyGoldenBoy
- Jamon – Five-Year-Old Dances Through Cancer Treatment with Epic Michael Jackson Moves
- Elise – Blast Points Podcast episode about Captain EO
Ads & Music Breaks
- Janet Jackson – The 1814 Megamix Induction Edit)
- Michael Jackson – Another Part of Me (AJAX’s Extended Mix)
- Michael Jackson & Haus of Glitch – R3M3MB3R TH3 T1M3
- Michael Jackson – Dangerous (AJAX’s Alternate Mix)
- Jermaine, Jaafar and Jermajesty Jackson – The Christmas Song (Live at MAX Proms 2017)
- Michael Jackson’s Christmas messages – 2002, 1995, 1992
- Courtney and Cam of Janet Today, Janet Tomorrow, Janet Forever podcast (Janet Jackson Correspondent)
- Charles Thomson (Legal Correspondent)
- Steven Hodges of MJFFC (Charity Correspondent)
- Janneke van der Linden of Jackson Source (Jackson family Correspondent)
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on this Michael Jackson podcast episode, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Stay BAD!