Happy Thriller Night 2019! It’s the podcast team’s favorite night of the year, and, in this special episode, Q leads a deep dive discussion into Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” and “Ghosts” short films. He’s joined by regular guest and film editor Paul Black, as well as first-time guest Adam Green, who is a well-known filmmaker, podcaster, and expert on the horror genre.
The guys discuss Paul and Adam’s professional backgrounds in the film world and how Jackson inspired aspects of their careers, as well as their memories of first seeing “Thriller” and “Ghosts”. Paul Black wins, as usual, for having the best “Ghosts” fan story ever! Their main discussion topic examines these two iconic short films from a filmmaking perspective: Paul and Adam compare filming techniques, cinematography, special effects, the different tone of each film, horror genre elements, what sort of impact they might have if they had been made today, and much more. For anyone interested in looking at these films from a technical perspective—or simply with the love of horror, or of Michael Jackson’s amazing creativity—this chat will be your ghoulish dream-come-true.
The MJCast wishes all of our listeners a great Thriller Night!
- Paul Black’s previous appearances on The MJCast:
- Adam Green’s Twitter, Instagram, official website, IMDB page, and iTunes page for his podcast, The Movie Crypt (co-hosted with Joe Lynch and Adam’s adorable Yorkie sidekick, Arwen).
- Adam’s interview with Taj Jackson about Leaving Neverland on The Movie Crypt podcast.
- Adam has written and directed 10 feature films to date, including Frozen (NOT the Disney one!), Digging Up the Marrow, the Hatchet franchise (featuring the modern-day slasher icon Victor Crowley, who now has his own Halloween mask), as well as the TV sitcom Holliston, and more.
- Trailers and clips of a few of Adam’s films:
Ad & Music Breaks
- Michael Jackson – 2Bad (Ghosts Mix)
- Michael Jackson – Ghosts (Early Version)
- Michael Jackson – Thriller 35th Anniversary (SWG Remastered Extended Mix)
- Scandroid – Thriller (Official Lyric Video)
Connect with Us
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on this Michael Jackson podcast episode, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Michael On!