Welcome to another special episode of the internet’s premiere Michael Jackson podcast, The MJCast. On this milestone 20th episode, Jamon and Q have the absolute honour of speaking with a Jackson family member for the very first time, singer of the hit pop group 3T and star of the new reality show The Jacksons: Next Generation, Taj Jackson.
Tariano Adaryll Jackson II, better known as Taj Jackson, is the eldest son of legendary guitarist of The Jacksons, Tito Jackson and his wife Delores ‘Dee Dee’ Martes. Being born into a musical family of stratospheric fame, Taj along with his brothers Taryll and TJ, began playing instruments from a very young age and showed strong promise as musicians in their own right.
It wasn’t long before the entertainment industry noticed 3T. A record deal was signed and in 1995 their debut album Brotherhood was released…and it took the world by storm. Reaching heights not unlike what their uncle Michael and auntie Janet were accustomed to, Brotherhood sold three million copies worldwide, spawning the hit singles Anything, 24/7, Why?, Tease Me, I Need You and Gotta Be You. It wasn’t long before Taj, Taryll and TJ were household names, with new music by the boys being included on the soundtracks of feature films such as Free Willy and Men in Black.
Roughly ten years after Brotherhood, the world saw the release of 3T’s brilliant sophomore album Identity which features the two singles Sex Appeal and Stuck On You. Following this era, Taj and his brothers continued working on 3T but also engaged in other avenues, with TJ taking on guardianship of his uncle Michael’s three children, Taryll continuing to work with his gift of music production and Taj fighting tirelessly for his family name.
Now, in 2015, after the final episode of 3T’s fantastic new television show The Jacksons: Next Generation, 3T have finally dropped their long awaited third album, Chapter III. Taj has joined us today to speak all about the origins of 3T, their new album Chapter III, their new TV show and of course…thoughts and memories around his uncle, the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. We hope you enjoy this special episode of The MJCast!
- The Jacksons on The Phil Donahue Show in 1989. Can you spot The Three T’s?
- The Jackson’s Victory Tour live in Toronto, Canada.
- 3T’s debut album, Brotherhood.
- 3T’s sophomore album, Identity.
- Watch episodes of The Jacksons: Next Generation on myLifetime.com
- 3T’s latest album, Chapter III.
- The music video for 3T and Michael Jackson’s Why?
- Taj Jackson and his uncle Michael on…a rollercoaster ride?
- Janet Jackson’s Unbreakable album.
- Tito Jackson’s new song, We Made It.
- The Dee Dee Jackson Foundation‘s official website. Purchase a copy of the 3T/Tito Jackson song The Power of Love to help support this foundation and its worthy cause.
- The Michael Jackson Trial: One of the Most Shameful Episodes in Journalistic History – A video by TabloidJunk.
- 3T’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts and their official website.
- Taj Jackson’s Twitter and Instagram accounts and his official website.
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on the show, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Michael on!