Jamon is back after a short break, joining Q to discuss updates in the world of Michael Jackson and the Jackson family. In this regular episode, the guys chat about a wide range of topics, from the disappointing news that Leaving Neverland has been nominated for several Emmy Awards, to the much happier news that Michael Jackson may have a place on the “Walk of Fame” in Dubai, and the gorgeous new MJ statue which has been erected by fans in Zhengzhou, in Central China’s Henan Province. Plus, they discuss Andy Healy’s 35th anniversary retrospective article on the Victory album, as well as a really fun new episode of “Moonwalk Talks” (glad to have you back, Jankins!). The team also announces upcoming MJ 61st birthday events happening around the world, and, for their main discussion topic, the dive into the question of what the Michael Jackson Estate should do next.
- Leaving Neverland has been nominated for five Emmy Awards.
- Andy Healy drops a retrospective article on the Victory album for its 35th anniversary.
- Jankins has returned to the world of Michael Jackson podcasting with a tongue-in-cheek episode of Moonwalk Talks on Michael being a Jedi.
- Dubai’s “Walk of Fame” could soon include Michael Jackson. Vote here! (Nominations close at midnight (GST) on Wednesday, 31 July 2019.)
- Chinese fans of Michael Jackson have erected a statue of Michael and held a concert in Zhengzhou, Central China’s Henan Province to commemorate his death. Video of the event.
- Michael Jackson Birthday events: (if you know about more, be sure to share them online!)
- São Paulo, Brazil: Sunday 25 August. MJ Celebration Party on Paulista Avenue, dancing covers, tributes, games and contests. For more details, contact @DanielJackson7 on twitter.
- London, England: Wednesday 28 August (2pm-5:30pm), Thursday 29 August (11am-6:30pm), Friday 30 August (11am-6pm), Saturday 31 August (11am-2pm). At Gallery Different, “Michael: HIS_story” exhibition. Admission £3
- Las Vegas, Nevada: Wednesday 28 August. Casual fan dinner, Slice of Vegas, 7pm, paid event (you pay for your own dinner).
- Las Vegas, Nevada: Thursday 29 August. MJ Fan Meet and Greet afternoon tea. RiRa Irish Pub at Mandalay Bay, 11am, $35 per person, limited tickets.
- Las Vegas, Nevada: Thursday 29 August. Michael Jackson ONE celebration at Mandalay Bay, paid event.
- Las Vegas, Nevada: Friday 30 August. MJLive at Stratosphere Hotel Casino. Showtime 7pm. Paid event, tickets must be purchased.
- Santa Monica, California: Saturday 31 August. Private buffet-style candlelight dinner and Bad concert film screening at fan Davina Baham‘s residence. Paid event in the way of a $5-$10 cover charge to help pay for the food and drinks.
- Perth, Australia: Saturday 31 August. MJ Birthday Charity Lunch, 12-5pm, Dome café Belmont (next to the Reading Cinemas). Please bring a charity donation of a gold coin, and of course if you’re eating and drinking you’ll need to buy your own foods and drinks.
- Brussels, Belgium: In the Studio with MJ, 3 days of events! Friday 30 August (6-9pm), MJ Birthday Remix seminar; Saturday 31 August (11am – 8pm), Brad Sundberg, Brad Buxer AND Michael Prince seminar; Sunday 1 September (11am – 8pm) In the Studio With MJ 2019 seminar + The Tour of Neverland. Tickets and event details.
- Copenhagen, Denmark: Saturday, 31 August. No details available yet. Contact @MooWalkersDK on twitter for more info and check our shownotes for more links if we get them!
- Zurich, Switzerland: Saturday 21 September. Michael Jackson Night at the Mundwerk Club. Doors open at 7pm, party and performances from 9pm (there may be a club cover charge for this). Follow @jackson_ch the Swiss MJ community twitter for more.
Main Discussion Topic
- What should the MJ Estate do next?
Finds of the Week
- Jamon – Michael Jackson’s You Rock My World covered By Justin Lee Schultz on a talk box
- Q – Annamaria’s amazing Michael and Janet art on Twitter and Instagram
Ad & Music Breaks
- Janet Jackson – One More Chance
- Jaafar Jackson – Got Me Singing
- Michael Jackson – They Don’t Care About Us (Nick* Crook County Remix)
Connect with Us
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on this Michael Jackson podcast episode, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Keep Michaeling!