This episode is dedicated to TJ, known as @TabloidJunk online, who passed away suddenly in late May. TJ started The MJCast with Jamon and Q, was an inspiring activist and an opinionated, wise, hilarious, fabulous, and devoted friend. He was truly the guys’ MJ brother, part of the “awesome foursome”, and he shall be deeply missed. If you would like to hear TJ on the show, you can listen to #TheMJCastEp82, when the guys discussed the origins of the podcast, as well as wonderful memories about their friendship and fun times together in the MJ fan world. The MJCast sends love to TJ’s family and friends. Love lives forever.
Jamon and Q have lots of news to cover in this regular episode, including updates on Marcos Cabota’s Bruce Swedien documentary, a film to be released by LaVelle Smith, Jr., a great chat with Taj Jackon on “The Movie Crypt” podcast (who give The MJCast a truly kind shout-out!), an MJ-themed café in Kabul, and MJ popping up in music and dance around the world, such as a new Chris Brown video, as well as an entire dance performance based on Michael Jackson’s life, performed by the Salzburg Ballet in Austria. They also discuss the amazing range of MJ tributes happening this month, including a “Moonwalker” screening in Shanghai, a dance performance in Paris, and a fan events taking place in Australia, France, the U.S., and all around the world. In addition, the guys touch on more news related to “Leaving Neverland”, including MJ activist Rasheed’s “In Justice Project”, a repository of resources available on the MJJForum, and the MJ Estate’s #HonorMJ campaign.
- Janet Jackson is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and launches her Vegas residency, “Metamorphosis”.
- Marcos Cabota releases a teaser for his Bruce Swedien documentary.
- LaVelle Smith, Jr., due to release an interview documentary, “The Man Behind the Dance”, honoring Michael Jackson, the tours, the person, the allegations and his death.
- Chris Brown features heavy MJ tributes in his new music video for his song “Back To Love”.
- A new digital book on the Michael Jackson sex abuse allegations called “Not Guilty: Debunking the Michael Jackson Allegations from Jordie Chandler to Leaving Neverland” has been released by Jimmy Colwill.
- Prince Jackson launches a movie review YouTube channel with younger brother Bigi and cousin Taj.
- The Michael Jackson Estate have settled a lawsuit with Tohme Tohme.
- Taika Waititi and Netflix pull out of a stop-motion film project “Bubbles”.
- “Moonwalker” will be screening at the Shanghai International Film festival on June 15, 17, and 24.
- Taj Jackson sits down with Adam, Joe and Arwen of the long-running and acclaimed movie podcast, The Movie Crypt, on Episode 313.
- Aaron Carter clarifies his claim that Michael Jackson was inappropriate.
- MJ activist Rasheed has created a blog over at MJJForum, the In Justice project, which is a large repository of “Leaving Neverland” information.
- Highlight video of “Moonwalk”, the incredible-looking action ballet performed by the Salzburg Ballet in Austria, with dances set to MJ’s music.
- MJ Danse et Solidarité will be performing in front of the Eiffel Tower on June 9th, and features dance teacher Speedy, who was part of the Michael Jackson Immortal Tour of Cirque du Soleil. (Previous performances can be seen here: Jam, Dangerous, Smooth Criminal/Al Capone.)
- Events are beginning to be organised around the world to remember and celebrate Michael Jackson:
- Melbourne, Australia, on Saturday, 29 June: Special screening of “Dangerous: Live in Bucharest” on the big screen at Sun Threatre Yarraville, followed by an MJ Party at the Blue Moon Bar. Tickets are $20.
- Perth, Western Australia, on Friday, 21 June: Michael Jackson Tribute Night at Mint Nightclub (details).
- Los Angeles, California, on June 21-23: Brad Sundberg’s In The Studio With MJ seminar.
- Sadly, the European Jackson Event on 24 August at the Event center ‘de Kei’ Kerkplein 69, Reusel – The Netherlands, has been cancelled, and tickets will be refunded.
- For French and other MJFam in Europe, tickets have gone on sale for MJ Music Day, to be held in Lyon, France, 19 October, 2019.
- Brisbane, Australia, on 29 June: “10 Year Anniversary Michael Jackson Tribute Show” featuring Soulcutz, at the Springwood Hotel.
- A Michael Jackson Café has opened in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Main Discussion Topic
- The Michael Jackson Estate have launched the #HonorMJ campaign
Finds of the Week
- Jamon – Tom Mesereau weighs in with ‘Too Fab’ on the Leaving Neverland controversy
- Q – Luca Hänni – She Got Me (Official Music Video)
- TJ video: “The 2004 Janet Jackson Super Bowl Halftime ‘Nipplegate’ Scandal and Aftermath”
- TJ video: “The Michael Jackson Trial: One of the Most Shameful Episodes In Journalistic History”
- TJ video: “This Is Not It”
- TJ video: “Make That Change”
- The MJCast – Episode 082: June 25th Special with Damien Shields and TJ
- Janet Today, Janet Tomorrow, Janet Forever – The #METAMORPHOSIS Episode
- The Waika Taititi movie “Boy”
Ad & Music Breaks
- Michael Jackson – Man In the Mirror (30th Anniversary (SWG Extended Mix Overture)
- La Toya Jackson – Starting Over (Matt Moss remix)
- Michael Jackson – Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough (SWG Extended Mix)
Connect with Us
If you have any thoughts, opinions, or feedback on this Michael Jackson podcast episode, we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or find the links to our many social networks on www.themjcast.com. Stay BAD!